Simcenter Nastran is a general purpose Finite Element Analysis solver used to simulate and solution of a broad range of engineering problems in many different industries. The Simcenter Nastran software is composed of a large number of building blocks called modules. Each module is a collection of subroutines which is designed to perform a specific task, such as processing model geometry, assembling matrices, applying constraints, solving matrix problems, and calculating output quantities.
Simcenter Nastran analysis capabilities available for Femap
- Basic includes linear static, normal modes, buckling, model checkout, spot weld, steady-state and transient heat transfer, basic non-linear, design sensitivity and unlimited problem size capabilities.
- Dynamic response enables product performance to be evaluated in both the time and frequency domains.
- Superelements enables very large and complex finite element models to be solved as smaller substructures called superelements.
- DMAP is a programming capability that allows customers to expand Simcenter Nastran and support custom applications.
- Optimisation automates the iterative process of improving product performance.
- Rotor dynamics predicts the dynamic response of rotating systems such as shafts, turbines, and propellers to determine critical shaft speeds.
- Advanced non-linear with large deformation; non-linear materials; time-dependent loads; deformable and rigid contact. Explicit non-linear time integration for impact analysis.
- Structural analysis toolkit saves post-processing time through organization of results data and calculation of additional results quantities
Simcenter Femap supports the new Simcenter ™ Nastran® Multistep Nonlinear solver which enables you to analyze models with nonlinearity from contacting parts, material property nonlinearities and/or geometric nonlinearities (like large deformations and large strains). This solution is an add-on module of Simcenter Nastran – Basic Nonlinear package.
For more information please download the below Simcenter Nastran Fact Sheets or contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
Simcenter Nastran Brochure
Simcenter Nastran Basic Nonlinear
Simcenter Nastran Dynamic Response
Simcenter Nastran Rotor Dynamics
Simcenter Nastran Multistep Nonlinear